During this Coronavirus outbreak, if you know someone in your neighbourhood, your circle of people, who is in a vulnerable/at risk situation, or unable to get what they may need; let the church know how we can help, as we have our Care Ministries teams at the ready to assist.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendour. Isaiah 61:1-3
Our Care Ministry Implementation Team is leading us in coming alongside those in our church with specific needs in the areas of Health Care, Personal Practical Needs, and Finances.
- Peter Laekas is leading the Health Care area
- Lynda Wicki & Carole Falardeau are leading the Personal Practical Needs area
- Bérénice Lejars is leading the Financial Assistance and Support area.
For now, we are forming care teams to be ready to assist with the following needs:
- Phone call ministry - regular telephone check-ups to combat loneliness
- Meal preparation and delivery for a short-term need
- Helping with home chores, repairs, and maintenance
- Driving people to their medical appointments
We encourage you to sign up to be part of one of these teams.
This assistance would be on an, as needs arise basis - and you’ll be contacted.
To sign up, please contact Lynda Wicki: email@example.com
For info. on Care Ministries, contact Jeff Simunic: firstname.lastname@example.org