Building Fund Update
We read in Exodus that when Moses received the Ten Commandments and the rest of the Law, there were directions on building the Tabernacle, its contents and the priestly garments. In Exodus 35, Moses asked the people of a generous heart to contribute to the building fund with supplies and skilled labour.
20 Then all the congregation of the people of Israel departed from the presence of Moses. 21 And they came, everyone whose heart stirred him, and everyone whose spirit moved him, and brought the Lord's contribution to be used for the tent of meeting, and for all its service, and for the holy garments. (Exodus 35:20-21)
The people gave generously to the point that there were more than enough resources to get the work completed. In Exodus 36:6 Moses had to tell the people to stop giving.
6 So Moses gave command, and word was proclaimed throughout the camp, “Let no man or woman do anything more for the contribution for the sanctuary.” So the people were restrained from bringing, 7 for the material they had was sufficient to do all the work, and more. (Exodus 36:6-7)
As treasurer, I want to thank the congregation for your contributions to the Building Fund. We currently have more than enough to handle the necessary repairs/renovations. You will still be seeing improvements continuing over the next few months.
- Peter Kotiuga, Treasurer
With a nearly 30 year old building; repairs, replacement needs and restoration become a reality and necessity. In order to restore various aspects of our building; for the purpose of having an effective, well-stewarded facility for what the Lord wants to do in and through Westview in the years ahead, we have committed as a church to this Building Restoration project.
So far we've been able to accomplish the following...
- New Carpets in the Lobby, Hallways, and two rooms
- New Heat Pumps
- New Sanctuary Projector, Screen, Sound System
- New Gym and Hallway Lighting Fixtures
- Hallways and Lobby Painted
- New Hot Water Tanks
- New Bathroom Sinks & Toilets
- Updated Fire Safety Equipment
- Major Parking Lot pavement repairs
- AED Defibrillator for medical safety
- Parking lot lines painted
- Gravel put down on unpaved parking lot area
- New roof gutters
- New exterior windows in classrooms and staff offices
- Blinds for the sanctuary windows
- Kitchen floor and counters replaced
Our next items of the remaining list to be done, include:
- Kitchen cabinets replacement to be completed
- Lounge renovations of counters
- Painting of the Gym
Given this COVID-19 pandemic situation, we will update you once we are able to begin work again.